The Somerset Council on Aging strives to deliver the highest quality services to all senior citizens in our community. Please feel free to contact us with any questions or concerns.
Shauna Geary, Director
Programs and Services provided by the Council on Aging:
- Shine Counseling (Medicare and Insurance assistance)
- Information & Referrals
- Recreational activities
Meals are served Monday thru Friday at 11:30 am. Call the COA two days in advance for a reservation. Suggested donation for meals $2.25.
The Fuel Assistance program will assist in paying heating bills for low income individuals and families for the winter months (Nov.1 thru April 30th) Please call the COA for further information.
The COA will assist seniors with application. (This program helps with the purchase of food) Please call the COA for more info.
Mind and Body Wellness
- Exercise with Lynne – Join us every Tuesday and Thursday at 9:30 a.m. for an aerobic style exercise program. This program features lights weights and even some dancing. Classes are $3, drop in anytime.
- Tai Chi with Jamie – Join us every Monday at 9:15 a.m. for a slow paced Tai Chi class taught by Sifi Jamie McGuire. Classes are $3, drop in anytime.
- Tai-Yo-ba- Every Friday at 9:00 a.m. This program features drumming on exercise balls to lots of great music. A great way to start any Friday! This class is free, drop in anytime.
- Osteoporosis – Every Monday and Thursday. This class is run by a wonderful group of women who have been exercising at the COA for years. This class is free but does require a doctor’s clearance.
Instructional Mahjongg - Every Monday at 10:30 a.m.
Experienced Mahjongg - Every Thursday at 10:30 a.m.
Bridge - Every Tuesday and Friday at 9:15 a.m.
Canasta - Everyday Wednesday at 10:30 a.m.
Knitting/Coloring - Every Thursday at 9:30 a.m.
Cribbage - Every Thursday at 12:15
Bingo - Every Tuesday and Friday at 12:15
Pitch - Every Wednesday at 9:30 a.m.
The Council on Aging hosts luncheons and educational presentations throughout the year. Stop by to grab a "Potter News" for a current calendar and schedule of events.